Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Give me my prescription and Praise the Lord!

I went to the doctor today to get a refill on a prescription, something that I thought was fairly straight forward and didn't set me up for any judgment... apparently I was wrong.

I walked into the doctor's office and she seemed to think that due to "patient-doctor confidentiality" she was able to ask me numerous personal questions. The first one being, "Are you married?"

My response: "No I am separated actually."

She then raises her eyebrows, looks at my file and says "But you are ONLY 28."

My response : "Yes that is right."

She continues: "But why?"

My inside voice says: "What the heck does this have to do with my prescription?!" My real response is "Well, it is a long story."

She then says : "It's because you don't believe in God. Next time you get married you must believe in God."

I am completely floored at this point. First off I can not believe that I am being judged on the basis of my separation and secondly how did she deduce that I don't believe in God?! It was ridiculous.

Because I needed this prescription I grinned and put up with it. What I wanted to do was reach across the table put her in a headlock and say "You think I'm one of those statistics about getting married too young!?...and somehow that has a reflection on my belief in God?!"

At the end of this encounter my blood pressure was higher than when I entered the room, I was still without prescription because they didn't have it, and I have vowed not to go to that Doctor again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ridiculous! You should have went the headlock route.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger Aaron Stewart said...

Where the heck is this doctor practicing? Nairobi?

9:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home