Friday, June 06, 2008

Go Obama!

The newspapers in Kenya have been covered with the news of Obama's victory in the Democratic Primary. I love how interested and excited Kenyans get about the US Elections. I was speaking to the BBC driver this morning and pointed at the front page of the Daily Nation, there was a picture of Obama on the front page.

I said "Isn't this great!?"

He said "Yes, it is amazing! And hopefully he will have Clinton on his back for support. With Clinton AND Obama on the ticket, they are unstoppable against McCain." He continued to discuss the primaries, the super delegates, and what will happen in the US in the next few months.

Cracks me up that I, as an American/Canadian, respond with "Isn't this great!" and my Kenyan colleague responds with this eloquent speech about American politics.

The "Fist Bump of Hope" I love it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Stewart said...

I have a slightly different version of that one. :)

http://aaronstewart.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-sentiments-exactly.html

5:22 PM

 
Blogger Ed, Wayne and Frank said...

We're excited about the elections too. I wonder still if experience or inspiration is more important for a President of the United States. Many people may be finding Obama attractive because we haven't had an eloquet leader in 8 years. There is also his position on Iraq that appeals to many. Frank

4:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Barak!!

5:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home