Gallery Walk and Fav author on Oprah!
It has been awhile since I posted something. Work has been super busy, which is great because I absolutely hate it when I am bored and restless at work. I figure if I am not productive at work then I should be doing something else with my time. So the last couple of weeks have been great- lots happening with my project and substantial progress being made!
Had a really fun/cultural weekend in Nairobi! Saturday Dana and I went on a Gallery Walk, sponsored by African Colours. We started off at the National Archives, which turned out to be a great surprise! They have a fabulous archive of African art, collections, archives, artifacts, pictures, etc... it was incredibly interesting. We then headed out to the African Heritage House, where Alan Donovan- former owner of the African Heritage Arts and artifacts resides and holds all of his collections of African art/artifacts from around the world.
Alan Donovan is incredibly fascinating- he came to Kenya about 30 years ago and began making jewelry. He was one of the people to discover the model "Iman". His stories throughout the tour are incredible, interesting, and inspiring.
For more pictures go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandainkenya/
..................................
In other news! My FAVORITE author, Elizabeth Gilbert is appearing on Oprah October 5th to discuss her book "Eat, Pray, Love". We traded emails a year ago and she is amazing! Her book has been a constant source of inspiration to me. Read it, love it and watch her on Oprah!

2 Comments:
Hey Amanda,
Glad to you're bee-like busy! Sandy and I were just wondering what you were up to lately, and then here is your latest blog post!!
We're soon off to a whole afternoon dept. meeting.
Take care!
10:04 PM
Wow! Oprah is psyched about meeting this author and reading her book.
You were way ahead on this one!!
Will be watching tomorrow on Oprah.
You know who this is!!
12:58 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home