The story of the 2nd housegirl
Living overseas has its benefits. One of those great benefits is having house help throughout the week. As many of you know I have two housekeepers. For those of you that don't know the reason is because I tried to fire the first housekeeper I had but she went hysterical; crying, kneeling on the floor, begging me to keep her, telling me that her sisters were going to be forced on the street so I said "Ok ok! I will keep you for one day a week". She has been quite the "project". She comes one day a week and stays for as little as 2 hours; barely does anything, asks me for tons of things, and basically takes advantage of a really good situation.
Yesterday I had had enough. She didn't come to work until 4:00 pm and I just couldn't deal with it any longer. So I finally got it together, was firm, paid her til the end of the month and asked her to leave. On her way out she turned to me and said "If you could give me some things that would be good." Ummm... good bye.
It sounds harsh perhaps but after reading bits of Eckhart Tolle's book "A New Earth" I had to do something. I could either accept the fact that I was being taken advantage of, continue to have her come to my house once a week and probably fester resentment, or I could just buck up and let her go. I decided the anger I was feeling inside for her and also anger at myself for allowing someone to take advantage of me was enough.
I knew that I needed to do something when I went to church with Dana and her parents (who are visiting from Canada) and I was telling some people at church about this housegirl and immediately they said "Oh Amanda, you really are being taken advantage of here..." So I figured "Well if God fearing Baptists think I am in a bad situation then I should do something about it!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home