Monday, October 08, 2007

Move me to the coast!


It's official- I have to live somewhere near or on the coast. I love being by the ocean- the sound, the salt in the air, the beach, everything about being by the water is soothing to me.


This past weekend 10 friends and I went down to the coast of Kenya, Mombasssa for a diving/good-bye to Martin trip. We left early Friday morning and stayed until Sunday evening. It was a fabulous mix of sun, surf, sand, laughter, drinks, eating, diving, etc.



Tia, Dana, Martin and I rented a great apartment on the beach that had an amazing view of the ocean.



It was Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday- hope everyone had a great time with family and friends!

Tomorrow night I have organized an Oktoberfest party! Have arranged for beers from all over the world, courtesy of the U.N. commissary and of course downloaded some polka tunes. Did you know that the "Chicken Dance" is actually an original Bavarian song?!

In another random note: finished the "Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath this weekend- it is FABULOUS! A must read!

For pictures from the weekend- go to http://www.flickr.com/amandainkenya/photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home