Laughter and Basketball in D.C.
Back from D.C. where the theme of the weekend was laughter and basketball!! It was a blast. For those of you that might not know, my family and I lived in D.C. from 1985-1991 and then from 1995-2000 ( in between that time I graduated from high school and went to university). So as you can imagine we have lots of great friends in D.C. and as always it is wonderful to re visit the area we spend a lot of our years. We stayed with the Whitings and just had a blast laughing, going out, eating great meals, laughing, laughing and laughing!

Emily and I went with Dad for the first of many basketball games at the Verizon center in D.C. on Thursday. We saw two games with Dad. The first game was Xavier vs. Georgia and it was a great one! Before the game we actually "crashed" the Xavier alumni gathering at a brewery nearby, so of course our immediate allegiance was to Xavier.

Friday night Emily and I went into D.C. to stay at Corinne's place with her brother, Matt, and had the chance to catch up with high school friends (Michelle, Kate, and Stina). All in all it was fabulous :)

Easter Sunday was a huge gathering (22) of Coolidge's for a mini reunion. Good times with again, lots of laughs!

I realized on this trip that I need to keep up the blog updating at my D.C. contingent seems to be increasing!! Had a few comments from lots of people that I need to be more diligent about writing on the blog, so hopefully my promises will be kept!!
Off for a walk with mom, tomorrow I start the journey back to Kenya.
Great to see everyone in D.C.!!
Emily and I went with Dad for the first of many basketball games at the Verizon center in D.C. on Thursday. We saw two games with Dad. The first game was Xavier vs. Georgia and it was a great one! Before the game we actually "crashed" the Xavier alumni gathering at a brewery nearby, so of course our immediate allegiance was to Xavier.
Friday night Emily and I went into D.C. to stay at Corinne's place with her brother, Matt, and had the chance to catch up with high school friends (Michelle, Kate, and Stina). All in all it was fabulous :)
Easter Sunday was a huge gathering (22) of Coolidge's for a mini reunion. Good times with again, lots of laughs!
I realized on this trip that I need to keep up the blog updating at my D.C. contingent seems to be increasing!! Had a few comments from lots of people that I need to be more diligent about writing on the blog, so hopefully my promises will be kept!!
Off for a walk with mom, tomorrow I start the journey back to Kenya.
Great to see everyone in D.C.!!


2 Comments:
A++!! This DC chica certainly approves! Twas a grand weekend indeed of snap-happy madness, friends, delicious food, wine, laughter and hair showers. Loved every second:) Let's do it again soon! Love, C
4:53 PM
I second C's comments!
It was a GREAT weekend and we loved seeing you all!
let's do it again in Vancouver or Seattle soon!
love
Cornelia
6:54 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home