I am back in Nairobi and on the day I arrived, the exact morning actually, an MP was shot on the street parallel to mine. It seems that the violence will continue for quite awhile and in many ways I feel more at home here in Kenya amidst the violence. My area is not physically affected –i.e.violence does not seem to consume my direct area, however I am still staying close to home- working from home, getting to the internet café by my house when I need to.
It does feel great to be back in Nairobi. I did love my time in the UK and really appreciated being there, but Nairobi is home for now and I missed being in my own space.
Heading out to meet friends this evening at a nearby Ethiopian restaurant! Have been craving Ethiopian for the past 3 weeks!!
I head back to the UK in 4 weeks for work, followed by a 2.5 week holiday to Tampa and D.C. Really looking forward to catching up with old friends.
2 Comments:
Stay safe!
7:09 PM
Ditto!
8:31 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home