Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Final weekend on the Coast!

The last trip to the coast was full of T.I.A (this is Africa) moments. The original airplane we were supposed to take to the coast wasn't "working" and so they put us on an 8 seater private plane. It was great! Although I must say that flying certainly looks easy with the genius of auto pilot. :)


When we arrived at our supposed hotel, it turned out that they gave our room away. There happened to be a large Indian wedding that weekend at the hotel and it seemed that they took the opportunity to have the entire hotel booked with the wedding attendees. Soo... after arguing about that for about 30 minutes we were transported over to another hotel- nicer apartment, but not beach side. Kind of wish we had been around for the Indian wedding reception- would have been a great wedding to crash!

Those were just two of the T.I.A. moments of the weekend- another one which I will spare everyone the details on was my brillant decision to get a detoxifying spa treatment wrap- basically I was wrapped in a heated blanket that must have been about 150 degrees... not so pretty.

Overall though the last weekend on the coast was great! Sun, beach, pool, naps-- definitely will be missed!

Yesterday my good friend Tia left Kenya. She is heading to Israel to do freelance work as a journalist- it was a sad departure- but I do hope to visit her in the Spring in Israel. I have two weeks left of work and will be heading to Vancouver at the end of July... will update the blog with dates of where I will be in Canada this summer once that is all finalized.

Happy Canada day to ALL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home