Day 1 in UK
Am at work today in the UK and am happy to be here. Have to say that on the flight over I was re thinking the decision to come out here- wondering if it was the best call, if it might have been a bit dramatic for work to send us here, but now that I am here I am glad to be in communication with family and friends.
I have been in touch with friends in Nairobi who have said that all UN staff who were overseas for the holidays are being told not to return to Kenya as of yet- as well all American/Canadian staff are being told to stay inside at all times. The road to the airport has been completely closed- so not sure if people are stuck at the airport as of now or what is happening.
I will be in the UK until next Saturday and then hopefully back to a peaceful Kenya. Desmond Tutu is currently in Nairobi speaking to the opposition leader Odinga, so will see where that goes... hopefully towards a resolution of some sort.
Thanks to EVERYONE for your emails!! I have really appreciated everyone's comments, thoughts, questions, etc.
Will keep updating the blog - am heading into London tomorrow for some touring around.


2 Comments:
We have been wondering if you were staying or leaving. News reports here are short with not a lot in details. Glad to know you are safe and well.
B&L, Brandon
4:15 AM
I just discovered the blogs by you and Kookoo for Kenya. I was your age when I moved to Somalia. I think that is why even though we don't know each other I was pleased to find your description of leaving safely.
12:36 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home