Sports Diver = Jedi
My friend has a t shirt that says "Sports Diver = Jedi" and as I have partially passed the Sports Diver qualification I thought it was an appropriate title for this blog entry. This past weekend I took Mom and Dad to Diani, south coast Mombasa. We arrived late Thursday night after a flight, ferry ride, and then a long drive down a sketchy dirt road- probably within in miles of Tanzania (or so it felt like). Our hotel was right on the beach and right next to the dive site and outfit so it was great for those of us that were diving.
As part of the training for this qualification, also known as Advanced Open Water Diving, we had to do 6 dives and exercises under water. Mainly the qualification focuses on the ability for us to go down to 35 meters, feel comfortable taking over emergency procedures, navigation, and rescue scenarios. I also am "A-OK" on the practical skills but when it comes to the written test I seem to struggle. I am supposed to take the test on Wed. so hopefully all goes well.
I didn't take ONE picture this weekend- mainly because I was too exhausted at the end of each day to pick up the camera, but also the humidity kept fogging up my lense. Mom and Dad took some pictures so I will get those of their camera this week before they leave.
Saw numerous dolphins and sea turtles on these dives, it was great!
Mom and Dad leave Wed. night to head back to Tampa. I think they have really enjoyed their trip and I have really loved having them here.
Hope everyone had a great American Thanksgiving!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home