UK update
I have heard from some friends who stayed in Nairobi or just recently returned from their holidays. The general consensus is that things are eerily calm in the city and that Raila and Kibaki are having talks on Friday to attempt to come to a resolution. Most of my friends are sticking close to home and going out on an as need basis. This week I feel a bit displaced- missing friends and sad for Kenya and all of my Kenyan friends... hoping that resolution is sooner than later.
In terms of what I have been up to in the UK- this weekend I was in London on Saturday and went on a wine tour, which was really fun. Sunday went for a long bike ride and stopped in at a pub, that used to be a windmill, for a couple of "pints" and lunch. It was great- weather was crisp, fall like, and the bike ride was really beautiful- through English country with sheep and green grass... very picturesque. Thursday night I am going to have a snowboard lesson while I am here. There is an indoor hill in the town centre (Milton Keynes) so I thought why not- might as well give it a try. The lesson is an hour and no I don't expect to come out of it an expert, but I do hope to come out of without broken bones!
Supposed to return to Nairobi on Saturday- will find out more tomorrow if that is for certain.


1 Comments:
Bikes rides in the idyllic countryside? Must I remind you it is JANUARY? Even in the UK I thought winter existed. Of course, it's been 10-15 degrees for the past week in TO... so I really shouldn't be too surprised.
9:15 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home