Friday, January 11, 2008

Winter reality

Coming up to my second weekend in the UK- and it is a typical UK day- wet and chilly. Definitely missing that Nairobi sunshine as I get a taste of winter reality. Speaking of winter... I took a snowboard lesson last night at Milton Keynes' indoor snow dome. It went really well and learning on a slope that is MUCH smaller than what I am used to was great! The only challenge was the fact that the lift was not working, which meant that you had to walk back up the hill to start your slow descent back to the bottom.

Seems that my colleague and I will try to get back to Nairobi for Wednesday, (16th of Jan), but again that largely depends on the UK Foreign Office advisory... so for now we just keep pushing the tickets back as the days go by.

This weekend I'm going shopping with some friends and hitting the running trails... not sure what else will happen, but I'm sure I will find something to do. Am missing my friends and lifestyle in Nairobi, but I will be back soon enough!

Quick tip when evacuated, try NOT to be evacuated to Europe's most expensive city!! I can not believe the cost of things here and it is probably more of a shock to the system since I came from Africa where things are slightly cheaper!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
How much is a latte at Starbucks? isn't that the barometer people use? Or maybe it's a coffee.
Cathy

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home