Wednesday, July 09, 2008

off to the races!

Well with 3 weeks left in Nairobi I did what every good ex pat should do, I went to the horse races! It was interesting and an opportunity for great people watching. Older Brits dressed to the nines in their suits and dresses, and young KCs walking around with their boots and skirts.


After the horse races there was an outdoor concert which featured Johnny Clegg (South African Band). I didn't recognize any of their songs until they played "Cool, Crazy, Beautiful World" and I remembered hearing the song belted out on our stereo on King Richard Drive in Virginia. I looked over at my friends and said "Oh my gosh I know this song- my mom used to play it at home all the time!" When you are 10 years old and your friends are over and your mom is belting out South African tunes you tend to roll your eyes and wonder how many other mothers listen to South African music in the burbs :) Thankfully my mom's world music collection has come in handy later in life!



For those of you wondering what's happening for me between now and my move as well as after- here are the dates of my whereabouts:
  • July 11-19 in UK
  • July 28th move from Nairobi, go to Vancouver
  • August 1-4 in NY
  • August 4-25 PEI
  • August 25-...... Vancouver!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home