Monday, July 28, 2008

Final day in Kenya

Today is my last day in Kenya! 179 blog posts later I conclude my time in Nairobi. I have had mixed emotions about leaving. Excited about starting a new chapter in life- living in Vancouver, starting my own business etc. And of course sad about leaving a country I have called home for the past two years. I have loved every moment in Kenya, well maybe not the post office trips, bank issues, and police corruption- but those are the day to day issues one has to deal with when living in Kenya.

The past week has been a whirlwind- packing up, arranging visits with friends, closing up "shop" in Kenya- and today I find myself still in the whirlwind but hopefully with some moments to myself.

The friends I made here are lifelong friends and I will miss each and everyone of them. Tia and Dana- Kenya would not have been the same without you. We shared a lot in our time together and I look forward to reunions in the future!!

Kenya and my travels across Africa have given more to me (experience-wise) than I have given back. So many adventures that are embedded in my soul now. I managed to travel quite a bit while in Kenya- along the coast, safaris, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda- across Kenya and to the UK, Spain, and Berlin.

Thank you to everyone who has read the blog over the past two years and has shared most experiences with me- it's been a blast!! Please do keep in touch: amanda.coolidge@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Amanda. We've loved reading about your adventures and impressions. We know your new life chapter will be fabulous too! Safe travels
lots of love
the Whitings

8:48 PM

 
Anonymous Expat Mom said...

How's that for bizarre . . . I just found your blog while looking for expat blogs and you're finishing up your journey, lol. Good luck in Vancouver! I sometimes think about going back there myself.

2:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home